Monday, November 15, 2010

Misusing facebook and twitter.

This weekend I was accused of misusing both fb and twitter. During my fb fast, I joined twitter to satisfy my social network cravings. It may just be my own preferences but I think fb is more user friendly than twitter. The part that disturbed me the most are the word limits placed on messages or comments. 160 characters? That's ridiculous. Yet a friend pointed out, if I was unable to fulfill these tweeting requirements, I was misusing my tweeting priveleges. As I got back on fb yesterday from my one week fast, another friend noted my use of fb. "So that's how you use fb?" I won't go into detail to spare me public humiliation but this jolted thoughts about social networking.

How do you use fb and twitter? Is the purpose to stay connected to your friends, network, message girls, get as many friends as you can, feel connected to the world in the library? What was and is its purpose? What can be identified as misuse of fb and or twitter? When you find out, let me know, thanks.

--smeagers

No comments:

Post a Comment