Monday, November 15, 2010

Weed out the bammas!

Bamma is D.C. slang to refer to a person who has no style, class or swagger. Urban dictionary also defines a bamma as a phony or a fake. I had a conversation recently with a friend whose kind words during a vulnerable time stayed with me. "Weed out the bammas!" HAHA! his vocabulary is crazy but his advice was on point!


Our lives are often effected by the decisions we have to make. Many people go with their instincts, some analyze the situation, and others number the choices. However you choose to make your decisions you are making a choice. I don't regret much but take my time when I'm making a decision and you can be sure I have looked at the situation from every angle. But after analysis comes action. 


I made a promise to myself to not allow people who don't treat me well or appropriately to be removed from my life. In other words to weed out the bammas! When creating a beautiful garden, a gardner needs to maintain the flowers and cultivate them but also remove the weeds to create a picturesque scene. In the same way, we need to weed out the bammas to create our picturesque life. xoxo


In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility. -Eleanor Roosevelt


--smeagers

3 comments:

  1. weed those bammas out, girl!! :) love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously love you ash!!! :) so glad you're in my life, you're a tree in my picturesque life! xoxo

    p.s. after boards. we need quality time. your bday present from MAY! is still with me.... not ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for being my most avid reader and fan!! :)

    ReplyDelete